The Apprentice : ME Carer Style

It  's  a format that is screened all over the word. A TV show where a group of incredibly ambitious  20 /30 somethings try to convince a wealthy business man to take them on, as an "apprentice"  for a 6 figure salary.

I wonder what the show might be like from a Severe  ME Carer perspective :

  • " I am unique." : I will work for nothing, 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
  • "I am a go-getter." : I will take on the full force of the Global Medical Insurance Industry that is doing all it can to deny you recognition and treatment .
  • "I make things happen." : I will spend a whole day, helping you get from bed to chair.
  • "I am not all talk... I can manage a team of people, total strangers even, because I am feisty and have attitude." : I will find a way to work with other stressed-out and incredibly ill people with ME , and other Carers, in order to make  things happen for you, like a doctor's visit.
  • "Caring  is the new rock 'n' roll and I'm Elvis Presley" : I will never cease, even after decades, to try and think to ways to ease your pain, to bring you some comfort, to search for a things that might help you get through another day.
  • "For me caring  is about hard-work, attention to detail, being willing to make mistakes and learning from these mistakes." : I will get it wrong, often, because you are so sound sensitive, so touch, so light sensitive, so tormented, so close to screaming in agony, even so  I will try and learn the best way to flow with your tiny scrap of energy.
  • "I knew I would be selected, not to sound big-headed... I've succeeded in the companies I've worked for because I work hard and I'm honest." : I will use  all my life experience, professionalism, learning , every ounce of creativity, every single talent I possess, to deal with , to cope with, to help you get through, second by  second , the unspeakable , never-ending torment that you are in.
  • "I'm at the top of my game." : I love you more than ever, I have grown immeasurably as a person, I have come to learn what is truly important, I live now in six-figure moments.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

When I am 64 and other false positives : The PACE Trial.

THE STONEBIRD DEFINITION OF SEVERE ME

Paralysis, a qualitative study of people with Severe Myalgic Encephalomyelitis