The Line

There seems to be a line 
that most people will not cross
friends, neighbours, family, health professionals even,
government officials.
They accept I am ill
to a degree
but simply do not want to know
or understand
how ill I really am
or how they affect me
nor how they can relate to me
in an honest way,
acknowledging 
the horror
of my existence
seems beyond
the personal capability
of most people.
They simply do not want
to see, hear, feel
my horror and torment
so they pretend it
does not exist
and ultimately
that I
don't exist either. 

Linda Crowhurst 5th September 2011


Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

When I am 64 and other false positives : The PACE Trial.

THE STONEBIRD DEFINITION OF SEVERE ME

Paralysis, a qualitative study of people with Severe Myalgic Encephalomyelitis