I cannot wash the ME away

No matter how many tears I cry
I cannot wash the ME away
No matter how much I shout
I cannot get over the barrier between my world and yours
No matter how much I try to move
The paralysis will not shift till it is ready
No matter how much I strive
I cannot make my energy materialise from nothing
No matter how many positive thoughts I think
It will not heal my physical dysfunction
No matter how hard I try to pace myself
I cannot stop my health deteriorating afterwards
No matter how much I long to be well
It does not make it so.
No matter how ill I am
I will not get better without proper medical investigation, tests and treatment.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

When I am 64 and other false positives : The PACE Trial.

THE STONEBIRD DEFINITION OF SEVERE ME

Paralysis, a qualitative study of people with Severe Myalgic Encephalomyelitis