Roses in the Rain


Sometimes I look at you and my heart would break with love
I touch your tender arm
it is so beautiful and pure
I have never told you how exquiste it is
but tragically obscure
we sit here in the garden
the roses wet with rain

If only there was something I could do to make you well
it is a source of great pain
that you are still so ill
after all this time
now and then
we sit in the garden
and I hold you gently in the rain.

You cry and dog licks your tears
so unable, so fractured, so far from reality
you are falling into paralysis
and I can't save you
out here in the garden
slumped
in the rain.

Miraculoulsy you still shine with love
as you gather rose petals
and the peace I know
is the peace of God
my heart would burst with joy
as you hold them to your eyes
all wet in the rain

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

When I am 64 and other false positives : The PACE Trial.

THE STONEBIRD DEFINITION OF SEVERE ME

Paralysis, a qualitative study of people with Severe Myalgic Encephalomyelitis